Phelps Health offers wound care services to patients with chronic or non-healing wounds. The Phelps Health Wound Center, located near the North Entrance of the hospital, has knowledgeable clinicians who can help find the right treatment plans for your chronic wounds or injuries.
“I was going to the Wound Center about two to three times a week, for about four to five months. They [Phelps Health care staff] really excel at their jobs…I’d definitely recommend Phelps Health due to my experience.”
- Jason Z. Brown, Phelps Health Wound Center Patient
What Are Chronic Wounds?
- Wounds that have resisted traditional treatments
- Wounds that often take longer than normal to heal
- Wounds that are not in the inflammatory stage
What Causes Chronic Wounds?
Several factors may contribute to non-healing wounds, including the following:
- Arterial insufficiencies
- Poor circulation
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical incisions
- Venous insufficiencies
What Types of Treatments Are Available?
Treatments at the Phelps Health Wound Center may include one or more of the following:
- Negative-pressure wound therapy
- Offloading cast system