Phelps Health is pleased to offer Phelps Health Passport, an online patient portal designed to help you become more active in your healthcare by enabling you to virtually explore your own health information. Please select the appropriate link below:
Accessible Hospital Portal login for visually impaired.
See what Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal) can do for you
- Online Bill Pay—Pay your bill using a debit/credit card or an active checking account for any Phelps Health physician or clinic service from the convenience of your own home.
- Health Summary—Access your health information, whether you need a medication list to take to an appointment or to view lab results in real time.
- Prescription Refills—You can request one or multiple prescription refills for you or a family member at the touch of a button.
- Messages—Do you have a question for your medical provider? You can email questions or requests to your doctor’s office from your personal account.
- Account Information—Have an address change or a new contact number? Easily update your personal information from your account.
The Phelps Health Medical Group Patient Portal offers easy and private access to your medical information online. View your personal health record whenever and wherever you have access to the Internet.
To gain access to our secure server on the Clinic Patient Portal and become web-enabled, you will need to enroll in-person at your doctor’s office by providing a Phelps Health Medical Group employee with a personal (non-work) e-mail address.
You will be given a username and password to log into the Patient Portal. From there, you will have access to your personal health record and other helpful features.
With the Clinic Patient Portal, you can do the following:
- Exchange secure messages and health alerts with your provider
- Set your health goals, track them and share with your provider
- Manage your medications
You can find the Phelps Health Medical Group Patient Portal on the healow app.
Lost your Clinic Portal login information?
If you have lost your login information for the Clinic Portal, please send an email to email@example.com (only include your name and a contact phone number for lost account inquiry), or call our Clinic Portal support number at (573) 458-8950.
You can enroll online for the Phelps Health Passport Hospital Portal:
- If you are at least 13 years old
- If your email address is on file at Phelps Health
- If you have your Medical Record Number (Example: M0000123)
Click enroll online and complete the Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal) enrollment request. You must enter an email address that is on file with Phelps Health and your Medical Record Number. (Patients who have shared email addresses will not be able to enroll online.)
If your online enrollment is successful, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with temporary login information and instructions for completing enrollment.
If you receive an “Enrollment Unsuccessful” message, you must complete a Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal) release form in order to gain access to the Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal).
Complete the Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal) Release Form
Phelps Health requires that patients complete an authorization form in order for personal information to be released. Once completed, the request will be validated and an email will be sent to the patient's email account provided from email@example.com. The email will contain a link with temporary user information and instructions for completing enrollment.
Completed Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal) release forms can be faxed to (573) 458-8395 or mailed to:
Phelps Health Health Information Management
1000 West 10th Street
Rolla, MO 65401
Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal) Release Form – .pdf document
Phelps Health Patient Portal Release Form for Children – .pdf document
- All statements on the authorization requiring initials must be initialed for all patients in order for information to be linked to the Phelps Health Passport (Patient Portal).
- All patients ages 12 and under will need a proxy form completed by a parent or legal guardian. Proxy access will be terminated on the patient’s 13th birthday. All patients 13 and over can sign up for their own portal account.