The Transitional Care Facility (TCF) at Phelps Health is a 20-bed facility designed to support patients who have been hospitalized for an acute illness but are still too sick to go home. During a stay in the TCF, patients who no longer need full hospital resources can continue to receive the care they need. The primary goal for the TCF is to assist patients in their recovery and rehabilitation so they can return home or to an appropriate residential facility.
The TCF offers an interdisciplinary, team approach in order to ensure each patient receives high-quality healthcare with optimal outcomes. Physicians, nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapy services staff, nursing aides, activities specialists, dietitians and pharmacists are some of the healthcare professionals who interact with patients during their stay.
Services We Offer
- Rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Extended IV antibiotic therapy
- IV pain management
- IV nutritional support
- Dietary services and education
- Chaplaincy services
- Pharmacy services, including recommendations and/or review of medications
- Patient and family education sessions
- Activity sessions
- Nursing-intensive wound care and education
- Gymnasium, dining room and patio areas
The TCF is a hospital-based, skilled unit located on the first floor of Phelps Health Hospital. The TCF’s medical director is an internal medicine provider who specializes in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of internal diseases in adults across the spectrum. The TCF is Medicare-certified.