**New visiting restrictions have been implemented in the emergency room, hospital and clinics to help prevent unnecessary contact with people who may have been exposed to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). All visitors will be subject to an initial screening process and must pass the screening in order to be allowed to visit patients. People who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who have a suspected case of COVID-19 will NOT be allowed to visit Phelps Health patients. Learn more at phelpshealth.org/covid-19.**
Your Visit at Phelps Health
New Visiting Restrictions
On April 3, in an effort to continue to protect our patients, staff and communities from the spread of COVID-19, we suspended all visitors at all of our locations. However, we realize in some cases, limited exceptions are needed.
- Hospital Inpatient Units—One visitor
- Emergency Department—One visitor
- Transitional Care Facility (TCF)—No visitors
- COVID-19 Units (e.g., patients who have been tested for COVID-19)—No visitors
- Patients under the Age of 18—One parent or guardian
- Obstetrics/Labor and Delivery—One visitor
- Intellectually Disabled Patients—One visitor or caregiver
- Prisoners—One law enforcement officer
- Obstetrics Ultrasound—One visitor or support person over the age of 16
If the above criteria is met, please note the following guidelines:
- All visiting individuals must be adults (18 years or older).
- All visiting individuals will be required to complete a health screening for wellness (including checking for fever and respiratory symptoms) upon entry at Phelps Health.
- Individuals showing signs or symptoms of illness will not be allowed to visit.
- All visiting individuals will be required to wear a mask while at Phelps Health. If someone does not arrive wearing their own mask, one will be provided for them.
- Visitors will only be allowed during the hours of 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
In all other Phelps Health patient care areas, no visitors will be allowed. Limited exceptions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
All patient units have visiting hours from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM with the exception of the following areas:
- Intensive Care Unit (Second floor, north side)—Please check in at the nurses’ station before visiting.
- Psychiatric Center (Fourth floor, south side)—Visiting hours are by appointment only.
Children Who Visit:
For the health and safety of your children and Phelps Health patients, please observe the following guidelines:
- Children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times and should not be left in the lobby or other areas of the hospital without adult supervision. A child entering a patient’s room should wash his or her hands before visiting the patient. Children under the age of 12 years old are not allowed to visit in isolation rooms. Children ages 12 or older may visit a patient in an isolation room after following the appropriate precautions.
- Children with colds, sore throats or any other contagious diseases should not visit patients. Please leave sick children at home so other patients are not put at risk for infection. Children age 18 and under are discouraged from visiting during flu season, which typically occurs during the months of December through March.
- Children entering the hospital for treatment or tests should wear a mask. For your convenience, masks are located at each main entrance.
- Children age 18 and under are not allowed to stay overnight in the patient rooms unless they are a patient. They may not stay in the waiting room without a parent.