Phelps Health is one of Missouri’s leading regional referral centers, serving over 200,000 residents in south-central Missouri. Phelps Health is county-owned, non-tax supported and is overseen by a five-member elected board. Phelps Health employs more than 1,900 people, including 100-plus providers. Phelps Health, which includes a hospital licensed for 242 patient beds, serves a six-county area, with its main campus and several clinics located in Rolla, Missouri. Phelps Health also has clinics in Salem, St. James, Vienna and Waynesville, Missouri.
What Sets Our Recruitment Process Apart
At Phelps Health, we offer a highly competitive compensation package centered on our progressive community health system, which serves as the primary care service source for several Missouri counties.
Physicians have the opportunity to build a career as an employee of our health organization. Our attractive packages are designed for flexibility and frequently combine the benefits of several comprehensive programs, including student loan repayment, relocation and income guarantee.
Medical professionals associated with our healthcare system, private practice physicians as well as hospitalists enjoy an exceptionally high quality of life with an abundance of housing, education, cultural and recreational options.
Current Physician Openings
Phelps Health is currently seeking physicians for the following specialties:
- Family Medicine Physician
- Gastroenterologist - multiple worksites in Rolla, MO (two)
- Cardiologist - multiple worksites in Rolla, MO (two)
- General Surgeon - multiple worksites in Rolla, MO (two) and Waynesville, MO (one)
- Invasive / Interventional Cardiologist
- Oncology/Hematology Physician - multiple worksites in Rolla, MO, (two) and travel offsite to clinics in Waynesville, MO, and Salem, MO, less than 10% of time is a possibility
- Hospitalist/Internal Medicine – multiple position openings in Rolla, MO
- Hospitalist/Internal Medicine – opening in Rolla, MO (expected to work an alternative job schedule for night shifts (“Nocturnist”), currently scheduled as 7 consecutive night shifts on and 7 consecutive night shifts off)
- Internist- opening in Rolla, MO, and travel offsite to the hospital and to the Medical Office Building, both in Rolla, MO, less than 10% of time is a possibility
- Nurse Practitioners / APRNs
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Urologist - multiple worksites in Rolla, MO (two) and possibly Waynesville, MO (one)
All physicians hired at Phelps Health must be board-eligible or board-certified. Phelps Health offers physicians a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Base salary and RVU bonus
- Health and dental insurance
- Loan repayment options
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid days off per year
- Participation in a 401k and 457(b) pension plan
- Professional liability insurance (including tail coverage)
- Relocation allowance
- Signing bonus
- $4,000 yearly to cover CME membership dues, licensing expenses, etc.
- $100,000 basic life insurance benefit
For more information or questions about benefits for specific open positions, please call Sarah Robinson, senior physician recruitment and business development specialist, at (573) 458-7528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.