Phelps Health’s Respiratory Therapy Department provides diagnosis and treatment for patients who have problems with their breathing. The Pulmonary Function Lab offers a wide range of diagnostic tests and treatment evaluations. Respiratory therapists also provide support to the Phelps Health nursing and medical staff and are members of the cardiac arrest and trauma teams.
Why Choose Phelps Health?
- Phelps Health’s Pulmonary Function Lab offers state-of-the-art testing for the diagnosis and assessment of lung disease, evaluation of exercise tolerance and measurement of blood gases at rest and during exercise to determine oxygen needs.
- Phelps Health’s respiratory therapists are credentialed through the National Board for Respiratory Care and are licensed by the Missouri Division of Professional Registration.
Phelps Health respiratory therapists provide screening, evaluation, treatment and management of the following:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- American Association for Respiratory Care: Provides information the respiratory care profession
- Be An RT: Provides information for individuals interested in becoming a respiratory therapist
- The COPD Foundation: Provides information on the diagnosis and treatment of COPD
- Allergy and Asthma Network: Provides information to improve care and quality of life for patients with allergies and asthma
- American College of Chest Physicians: Provides respiratory professionals with opportunities for learning, exchanging ideas, mentorship and collaboration
- American Lung Association: Provides information on improving lung health and preventing lung disease
- American Thoracic Society: Provides information on a variety of pulmonary and critical illnesses