Published on November 12, 2020
Rural communities continue to face a number of healthcare challenges, including fewer healthcare options, longer drives and a lack of available services. Access to healthcare is important for a variety of reasons, including:
- Overall physical and mental health
- Disease prevention
- Detection, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses
- Quality of life
Phelps Health is pleased to meet patients where they are and provide access to quality healthcare in a rural setting, which means that patients do not have to travel far for care.
Phelps Health offers patients in our region the following advanced technologies:
- Da Vinci Surgical System: The da Vinci Si surgical system at Phelps Health uses advanced robotic, computer and optical technologies to assist surgeons with their operations.
- Computed Tomography (CT or CAT scan): This diagnostic imaging test is used to create detailed images of internal organs, bones, soft tissue and blood vessels. CT is fast, painless, non-invasive and accurate.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): MRI imaging uses a powerful magnetic field, radio waves and a computer to produce detailed pictures of the body's internal structures that are clearer, more detailed, and more likely, in some instances, to identify and accurately characterize disease than other imaging methods.
- 3D Digital Breast Tomosynthesis: 3D digital breast tomosynthesis is a valuable tool that allows radiologists to better visualize breast tissue, particularly in the case of dense breasts.
Phelps Health is committed to providing care for patients and offering them the best treatments and services available, with the added benefit of being close to home and close to loved ones. Learn more about our providers by visiting phelpshealth.org/doctors.
Schedule an appointment with a Phelps Health provider today
Visit mychart.phelpshealth.org or call (573) 364-9000 to schedule an appointment.