Phelps Health Outpatient Therapy Services is a full-service rehabilitation center for pediatric patients, adolescents and adults, including physical, occupational and speech therapy. We serve Rolla, Waynesville and the surrounding communities in south-central Missouri.
Physical Therapy: Physical therapists work to improve an individual’s ability to function, increase mobility and decrease pain with exercise, manual therapy and modalities, such as ultrasound or heat.
Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapists work with specific types of injuries or impairments, such as shoulder or hand injuries. These therapists also may work with people who have had strokes, or other serious illnesses or injuries, to help them learn how to care for themselves again.
Speech Therapy: Speech therapists focus on improving speech-language expression, comprehension, oral motor skills and swallowing ability.
Experienced and dedicated therapists work with individuals to return them to the highest possible level of function as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
Why Choose Phelps Health?
- Aquatic therapy (in partnership with The Centre in Rolla)
- Bioness – Award-winning medical devices designed to benefit people with stroke, Multiple sclerosis (MS), traumatic brain injury (TBI), cerebral palsy and spinal cord injury
- Early intervention for children with hearing loss and cochlear implants
- SPEAK OUT! & LOUD Crowd (for patients with Parkinson's disease)
- LSVT BIG (for mobility)
- Lymphedema therapy
- Med Ex – Lumbar and cervical extension strengthening
- Pediatric outpatient therapy
- Pediatric physical therapy
- Pediatric speech therapy
- Pelvic health (for children and adults, for males and females)
- SAEBO – Award-winning technology for stroke patients
- Sensory integration
- VitalStim – Breakthrough therapy for the treatment of dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
The staff at Phelps Health Outpatient Therapy Services strive to provide excellence in customer service. This is demonstrated by our commitment to the following:
- Ongoing communication with physicians and payors
- Flexible treatment hours
- Easy patient registration
- Consistently meeting and exceeding the needs of patients, physicians and payors
We work with individuals who have pain or some diminishment of functional ability due to an illness, injury or condition. After the initial evaluation, an individualized treatment program is developed for the patient.
We Can Help You With the Following:
- Amputation/prosthetic training
- Back and neck injuries
- Hand therapy
- Hip fractures
- Neurological disorders
- Orthopedic injuries (ankle, knee and shoulder)
- Pain management
- Pediatric conditions
- Post-surgical conditions
- Speech and swallowing disorders