Phelps Health offers a chaplaincy program through Auxiliary and Volunteer Services for patients, families, visitors and employees. Phelps Health chaplains, representing several faiths, provide coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to individuals seeking spiritual support and guidance.
Volunteer Chaplains Needed
As patient and employee populations grow at Phelps Health, so does the need for dedicated chaplains to be present. Volunteer chaplains are welcomed and encouraged. If you have a heart to serve, Phelps Health may have a spot for you.
Below are a few facts about the Phelps Health volunteer chaplaincy program:
- Volunteer chaplains are members of the Phelps Health Auxiliary & Volunteer Services Department and will receive volunteer benefits, such as discounts in the employee pharmacy and cafeteria.
- Volunteers may be ordained, licensed or commissioned.
- Representatives from Phelps Health will train volunteer chaplains in classes throughout the year.
- Phelps Health will work around individual schedules, so all volunteer chaplains will only be called in on days they are able to serve.
- Volunteer chaplains will be supervised by the Pastoral Care Director.