Need help paying your bill? Not all patients are able to pay their out-of-pocket medical expenses upon receipt of their billing statement. Phelps Health is pleased to provide you with an alternate payment option.
Together with Phelps Health, Commerce Bank offers patients and families a line of credit to help pay outstanding balances. Called an HSF® account (Health Services Financing), it operates just like a monthly loan, with one monthly payment, allowing you to easily budget into your household finances. And an account is entirely manageable at a 0% (interest free) rate.
The Commerce Bank HSF® offers:
- Monthly payments at 0% interest
- Minimum loan balance is $250
- The ability to fund multiple individuals on one account
- Easy enrollment
- Simple terms
Sign Up Today!
If you are interested in self enrolling for this opportunity, click the button below.
Health Services Financing FAQs for Online Patient Self-Enrollment
If I have a question, who do I call?
What is the minimum amount that can be financed?
The Financially Responsible Person (FRP) must finance $250.00 at minimum for the initial transaction.
Is there a penalty if this is paid off early?
No, there is no early payment penalty.
What are the payment terms?
Payment terms are as follows:
- More than $0.00 and less than $5,000 = 24 months
- More than $5,000 and less than $15,000 = 60 months
- More than $15,000 and less than $50,000 = 84 months
What happens if I have additional balances that I want to finance in the future?
The new balance(s) can be added to the existing Line of Credit up to a total of $50,000.
What happens if I miss a payment?
The FRP should contact Commerce Bank at (855) 893-1292 to discuss how they will bring the account current. Commerce Bank may also assess a late fee.
I want to cancel my financing plan. How do I do that?
The FRP should contact Commerce Bank at (855) 893-1292 to cancel an established account. Any outstanding balance will be transferred to Phelps Health.
Do I make my payments directly to the Provider or to Commerce Bank?
Payments should be sent to Commerce Bank.
What are my options for getting the payment to Commerce Bank?
You have several options:
- You may make a payment or manage your account https://healthcare.commercebank.com/
- You may send a check to Commerce Bank, P.O. Box 801042, Kansas City MO, 64180-1042. This address will also appear on your periodic statement.
- You may make a payment at any Commerce Bank branch location.
- If you have a Commerce Bank checking or savings account, you may make a payment by calling Commerce Bank’s 24-hour automated phone line at (855) 893-1292. You will be prompted to select the appropriate option to make a transfer from your checking or savings account to your Health Services Financing Account.
- If you have a checking or savings account at another bank, you may make a payment by calling Commerce Bank’s 24-hour automated phone line at (855) 893-1292. You will be prompted to select the appropriate option and enter the routing number and account number of the checking or savings account you wish to pay from.
- You may set up automatic recurring payments online by visiting https://healthcare.commercebank.com/, or by calling Commerce Bank’s 24-hour automated phone line at (855) 893-1292 to request an auto-debit form that needs to be signed and mailed back to Commerce Bank.
Can I add multiple family members in one financing plan?
Yes. The FRP can establish one financing plan for multiple accounts.
If I finance additional balances, does this affect my overall repayment terms?
The overall repayment terms do not change. Each time you finance additional balances, those lines of credit have their own unique repayment terms listed on the revised monthly billing statement for each balanced financed. You will be asked to pay one monthly consolidated amount.